Wednesday, April 21, 2010

bumGenius Baby

When Jack was nearly a year old, I became interested in cloth diapering. Many of my friends were using cloth and they just loved the savings and the fact that cloth is so much gentler on baby's skin. I was skeptical at first but was convinced when I saw the modern version of cloth diapers. They are so simple to use and once you have your system down, it really isn't very messy either. Of course there is more laundry, but for me that beats more trips to the store and money spent on disposables.

Anyway, for some reason the cloth diapers caused Jack to have a diaper rash after awhile and nothing worked for him except to put him back into disposables. I think that's pretty rare, as most kids with diaper rash actually do better in cloth. Leave it to Jack to be different! Needless to say, I did not get as much use out of my bumGenius diapers as I would have liked.

But now there's Graham! He does really well in the cloth and so far we haven't had any leaks at all. We were having lots of leaks with the disposables. So we're saving money. And the bonus is that they're really cute!



No comments: