My sweet little guy is so big all of the sudden! I can't believe he will be 2 soon. These past three months have been full of changes for Reid. His vocabulary had increased so much and he can speak in full sentences most of the time. He is still a man of few words but when he wants to, he can say pretty much anything. My favorite is the way he says no. It's a long, drawn out, crescendoing nnnnnooooOOOOOO.
Some of Reid's favorite things:
- Reading. Reid LOVES books! He really loves reading with me in his rocking chair before nap and bedtime but he also loves reading on his own at home or in the car. His favorite books are, The Going to Bed Book, Moo, Baa, La, La, La!, Grover's Potty Book, Goodnight Moon, and Clifford the Big Red Dog.
- His bedtime routine. After bath, we put on Reid's lotion, then pajamas. Then he goes to his crib and gets his binkie and blankie. Lastly, he literally BACKS UP from the crib toward the rocking chair and into my arms for books, songs, and prayers. I have no idea when or why he started backing up to me each night but it is the cutest, strangest thing.
- Swimming. Reid LOVES the "wimmin poo!" It took all of a couple of days for him to progress from sitting on the edge, to clinging to me, to not letting me touch him at all unless I'm catching him while he's jumping in! He loves to kick, kick, kick his feet and is even happier when he has an audience.
- Wiping his nose. I admit that this is a really bizarre hobby. For quite some time, Reid has really enjoyed holding a kleenex or cloth wipe, walking around, and wiping his nose. Even when there is nothing to wipe. He cries when you take it away. I don't understand.
- Cousins. Reid loves being with his cousins. He especially gets along with Brooklyn. They love to chase each other around BB's house, giggling all the while! They also enjoy dancing and playing trains together.
- Ring around the Rosy. Reid loves this game and makes a big show out of falling all the way down. It's pretty cute to watch all three boys playing this together. :)
Reid continues to be such a joy. He is so very sweet. He gives the best hugs of anyone in the world and is 100% a Momma's boy. I love him so much!