Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Music School Program

July 23 was the day of Jack's musical debut! All summer, he attended Hickman Music Preschool, which is the same music school that my siblings and I attended a million years ago. Anyway, they play inside and out, learn, do crafts, etc. But the main focus of the school is on music. At the end of each "semester" there is a program in which all of the kids perform for family and friends. This particular program was called "Summer: Fun with Food" and Jack's song was Crunchy, Munchy, Honey Cakes. We worked so hard all summer, singing it around the house, in the car, etc. and he had that song DOWN!

Finally the big day came. He was dressed in his apron, ready to go. I had gotten to the show early to drop him off and save everyone else's seat. His song was first. He got up to the microphone, the music began, and he...did not sing. First, he said, "There's Granddad! Hi, Granddad! Hi, Granddad!" Then, he mouthed a few words while dancing and bopping to the beat. But, I don't believe he sang one word of the song. Oh, well! He was very cute! As were all the other kiddos. I don't know when I've laughed so hard!

I think the miracle of the whole performance was that 35 2 and 3 year olds all sat in their chairs on stage for the full hour of the show and cooperated. Those teachers have magical powers...

My pictures did not turn out well at all for some reason, but I'll post a few anyway. I also have one video of the finale. The rest of the video was taken on our video camera, which will take some work to get posted, so I'll leave that for later.



















No comments: