Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Ten Year Anniversary Trip- Vail

Have you SEEN Vail in the fall??! Wow, it is simply breathtaking. We picked the perfect vacation destination for our 10 year anniversary. We have been hoping to take a trip "kid free" for awhile now but considering we keep having babies, that just hasn't been in the cards until now. :) We thought we would go somewhere on our anniversary but January proved to be difficult planning wise so we decided to just go now. I have never left any of the kids for more than a couple of nights and never left Reid for more than one night so that was strange and difficult at first. But it was so worth it for Randy and I to have that time together to reconnect! God truly blessed us with amazing weather, wonderful adventures, beautiful scenery, and just the perfect amount of time away from everything. I feel like our spirits were renewed and I have a fresh perspective on my daily life as a mommy to three boys. Even though our time away was amazing, we were so ready to be home to see their precious faces. I cannot imagine life without my children!!!

Our trip was very adventure filled. We ziplined, rafted, hiked, and rock climbed. The zipline was my favorite. Just letting go and falling off of a 100 ft. drop and soar through the mountains?! So amazing. Randy liked rock climbing the best. Probably because he is really, really good at it. I have no idea how he scaled those rocks so quickly and fearlessly but it was pretty cool. I was happy that I made it to the top but it was not done quickly or fearlessly. :) Our hike was just perfect. We went up about 2,000 feet to a beautiful waterfall just outside of Vail. We met some nice people along the way and enjoyed the scenery. Rafting wasn't great but that's what you get at the end of September. We liked our guide and enjoyed the scenery even though it wasn't as "adventurous" as we had hoped! We enjoyed some amazing restaurants and lots of time just talking, relaxing, and doing nothing. I have a favorite spot where we sat several times to read our Bibles, read books, just think, etc. Can't wait to go back and take the kids with us!
















































1 comment:

Adrienne said...

How fun!! I love your hair BTW soooo cute! So glad you all enjoyed the trip!