Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday, Reid!!!!

My baby is ONE!!! I am so happy to celebrate my sweet Reid's special day and cannot believe how much has changed in one year. Obviously, he has grown and changed, but Randy and I have grown and changed in so many ways as well. Reid has added so much to our family and brought all of us so much joy! We have loved watching him grow and learn new things daily. It's been a whirlwind and personally I am thankful just to have survived our last first year!

Milestones this month:
- Reid can walk! Well, when he wants to anyway... He has taken up to 13 steps at a time but still rarely chooses to walk. We have to coax him into it and even then it is very rare. So I am going to hold off on calling him a walker for now. Probably in the next month or so!
- He has added a few new words. He can say all done, cracker, ball, and wheee! He also loves making animals noises. His favorite is the monkey but he can also do a pretty mean pig. :)
- He still loves his bath. However, he is terrified of the new Winnie the Pooh inflatable tub that I bought for him. I have never seen the child so panic stricken as when we tried to put him in that thing. I think he is traumatized for life!!! Seriously, I have no idea why it is scary but after three attempts, I give up. It's not happening! I think we'll just put him in the big tub since he's outgrown his baby tub. Wish us luck!
- He still loves being outside! We like to go to parks and take walks. He enjoys being pushed in his little car and "racing" his big brothers.
- Still only six teeth! He'll have to get a few more eventually, right?
- I am pretty sure he understands everything we say. Like everything. It is very funny to watch his reactions when we're talking to him. If I say, Reid, don't put the sand in your mouth, he will look at me and grunt with a really mad face. But he usually stops!

We love our one year old!!!


No comments: