Monday, August 15, 2011

Jack's Half Birthday


In case you weren't aware, last Tuesday, August 9th, was a big day. A day we had been counting down to for a month or so. Jack's HALF BIRTHDAY!!! I think I am responsible for the fact that we made such a big deal out of this day. A month or two ago, I made an offhand remark to Jack about the fact that he was almost 4 1/2. He didn't understand what that even meant so I explained that in August, he will be halfway between four and five years old and so that will be his half birthday. He got very excited about this and asked me if there would be a party, cake, balloons, etc. Of course I said no, but I did say that we would celebrate somehow. It turned out that Randy needed to use some vacation days that week anyway, so he stayed home and we took the kids to Bouncin' Craze and then to Chick-fil-a for lunch. And at dinner Jack got a brownie complete with four and a half candles. What a day it was! Somehow over the course of the next year I'll have to make sure Jack knows that Daddy doesn't take off work every year for half birthdays... and there is no way I'm taking the boys to Bouncin' Craze by myself!!







No comments: