Thursday, August 18, 2011

First Day of Pre-K!



Jack started school today and I couldn't be more excited! Don't get me wrong. I love and cherish every minute of my time with sweet Jack at home. He is my first born, my buddy, my mommy's boy and I am going to miss him so much this year and am already a little freaked out about all day Kindergarten next year. BUT, I just know that he is going to learn so much, make so many new friends, and be loved on all year by his awesome teachers. It is a great feeling knowing that your child is in good hands and confidently trusting in the teaching and philosophy of the school. We are blessed by Crossings in so many ways and this is just another example.

Jack's teacher is Miss Jill. Thankfully, he already knows her because her class is next door to Miss Darcy's class, who taught Jack last year. Plus, we see her most Sundays as she ushers in the gym service. Still, Jack has been a little nervous about going back to school. I was surprised by this because he loved school so much last year. So, for the past week or so he has been saying repeatedly, "I am never going to Miss Jill's class..." This made me a little nervous too but I knew that once he got into that classroom he would remember how much he loves school. Thankfully, I was right! After orientation, Randy and I really talked up Miss Jill, the classroom, all the fun things he'll get to do, etc. He continued to say that he would "never go to Miss Jill's class" but we noticed that it was with less conviction. His eyes were lighting up as we described upcoming school events. Then today when he woke up he ran to get me (bright eyed and smiling I might add) and tell me it was the first day of school. He then said that he would never go. When we got to the church he put on his backpack and literally ran down the hall to the classroom. Actions speak louder than words, right? He was so excited but I think he didn't want to admit it because of that stubborn streak. He had to stick to his original story so as to not be wrong. Wonder where he gets that?! :)

When I picked him up at carpool, he was so giddy and excited to tell me everything that they did today. He loves Miss Jill and cannot wait for Tuesday and for all the upcoming activities this year. It fills me with so much joy to see how much he loves school! I pray that he will continue to love school and learning as he gets older.

Now what are Graham and I going to do with all our time? We'll miss Jack for sure, but I am looking forward to bonding with Graham one on one like I was able to with Jack. He's my sweet little wild man so I'm sure we'll have lots of adventures!

No comments: