Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

"My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it."
-- Clarence Budington Kelland, U.S. Writer

Yesterday was Father’s Day and I’ve noticed that with each year that passes I become more and more amazed by my father. When I was young, I looked up to my dad for no reason other than the fact that he was my dad. When I was a teenager, I determined that my dad knew nothing. But as I became and adult, and even more so once I became a parent, I have been able to really see and appreciate who my dad is and what he has done for me. I believe I’ve discovered his secret, too. He puts Christ first in all things. Anyone who knows him can see this clearly. And it’s amazing how that submission to Christ leads to such success in all other areas of life. My dad is successful in business, in his marriage, in his relationships with friends, in his volunteer life, in his role as a father and a grandfather, in every area that I can think of. He is an amazing spiritual leader for his family and that has strongly impacted my brother, sister, and me in our spiritual lives and therefore our other relationships. I am so grateful for this and could never thank him enough for being so strong in faith and so full of conviction and integrity.

Ever since I met Randy, I knew that he would be a wonderful father. He is loving and generous and so focused on family. As I’ve watched him grow as a husband and a father to our two boys, I couldn’t be prouder. He is quickly becoming the Christian leader and father that God wants him to be. I see so clearly how he is following in the footsteps of my dad by putting Christ first in his life and I am so proud of him. What a blessing it is to have a godly husband who honors his wife and loves his children!

I am so blessed to have these two men in my life! Happy Father’s Day!



No comments: