Friday, January 29, 2010

Off to a Great Start!

Graham is one week old today (22 minutes ago to be exact) and he is just off to the most amazing start! This little guy was nursing like a champ from the very beginning and although I knew he was doing well, it was nice to have the doctor confirm that for me this week. We took Graham to see Dr. Albiek for the first time on Monday and he weighed 7 pounds 14 ounces. He had not lost the 10% that newborns normally lose in the first couple of days, so we were very pleased. We took him back on Thursday just to make sure he was gaining, and this time he weighed in at 8 pounds, 5 ounces, his birth weight! That is pretty amazing considering the doctor wants to see newborns gain an ounce a day (he gained 7 in 3 days) and likes to see them back at their birth weight by two weeks (this was on day 6). I am just amazed at how quickly little Graham has fallen into a good sleeping and eating schedule. He is such a laid back little guy and we are loving every minute with him! I'm especially loving the fact that I am getting a decent amount of sleep every night! Jack is the love of my life, but he certainly was not an easy baby, so this is quite a change for us.

Meanwhile, big brother is just doing a great job as well. He absolutely loves Graham and enjoys playing with him and helping Mommy take care of him. I can tell he is going to be the best big brother! Beyond all of that, he is just growing up so fast lately, it seems. He shot up like a weed the past couple of months and he amazes us every day with new vocabulary skills. I have such mixed emotions when I look at him and realize he's not my baby anymore.

We are truly so blessed with these sweet little boys. I am so thankful for them and am so excited to see them grow up!

No comments: