Thursday, January 14, 2010

Due Date

Although Randy and I have educated ourselves on the subject of childbirth and are well aware that the average length of pregnancy for a second time mom is 40 weeks, 3 days (3 days after the due date), it is still a bit depressing to hit the day you've been counting down to for nine months and not have a baby in your arms! We're praying we come in on this side of the average and Baby Biggs makes his/her arrival in the next day or two.

Since I was induced at 39 weeks with Jack, this is the first time I've experienced being THIS pregnant and I have to say it's not too pleasant. But, I am comforted knowing that our decision not to be induced or use pain medication is the healthiest one for baby and me. Say some prayers for Randy and me as we are both getting a bit nervous about labor. But above all, keep praying for a safe delivery and a healthy baby!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

The whole natural birth thing worked well for me and I hope it goes the same for you! Not that you don't already have enough advice by now, but the breathing is totally what got me through! Also, if you want to try to kick start things, try this:
http://www.scalinis.com/Bambino.htm
It worked for me almost exactly 48 hours later, but doesn't work for everyone! It's worth a shot though, and super yummy!

Kristin said...

Thanks for the recipe, Mindy! I will try anything at this point!

I didn't realize you went natural, that is awesome. And I appreciate any advice, because I know every labor is different so it's good to have as many tips going in as possible. Hope your pregnancy is going well, so far! I always enjoy pregnancy up until the bitter end!

Mindy said...

All except a little pitocin to regulate my contractions! As far as this pregnancy, it is going well, but not quite as enjoyable as the first! 2 X as tired and an emotional wreck most of the time, but it has def eased up! I am keeping my fingers crossed for an easy, fast, and safe delivery for you! Oh, and one other tip, you might want to invest in a small battery operated fan! Eric about lost an arm fanning me with a pamphlet the entire time! Good luck!