Friday, October 3, 2014

School Days

Ah, my days with these boys. I am often emotionally drained and physically exhausted, feeling as though another accident or mess might just make me crazy. Feeling like it would be easier to skip out on this call to homeschool. But in these sometimes never ending days, God is revealing to me a joy that I have never known. While I am guiding them, He is guiding me. Each day, as my abilities inevitably run dry and my weaknesses appear, He demonstrates his great power and sufficiency while offering the grace to cover over my inadequacies. I am so thankful for the days I have with my boys and for the opportunity to allow God to change me, even when that change does not come easily. 

Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. -2 Corinthians 12:8-9



No comments: