Wednesday, October 8, 2014

My Baby is TWO

Reid is two. Reid. Sweety Reidy. My baby. I cannot believe it. These past two years have simply flown by at a rate my brain cannot process. It was just yesterday that Randy and I sat, having dinner at 1492 while the kids were away at the grandparents, and discussed how easy things had gotten and how wonderful it would be to have just one more sweet little one. Two weeks later, on the eve of Graham's second birthday party, I found out I was pregnant and my life has never been the same.

Throughout my pregnancy with Reid, I found myself questioning our decision and worrying that having three would be too difficult, too much for me to handle. Being pregnant with two little boys was not easy and I was often overwhelmed. But God has blessed me with the sweetest little guy and, although some days have been hard, I know that our family would never have been complete without this little guy. He melts my heart with his affection and his eager to please disposition. We are so thankful for him!

Some of Reid's latest milestones and favorite things:
- Reid talks all. the. time. Talk, talk, talk. He tells you about each and every thought that passes through his brain and I love to listen! His vocabulary has exploded and he can now say anything he wants to say.
- He has recently begun singing! My other boys were big singers early on but Reid had not been interested until the other day when he suddenly started singing the ABC's. I love hearing him sing!
- Reid loves superman and any other super hero! He calls them "mans" and makes all of them fly. :)
- He loves going to Elevate, our homeschool co-op, and I am always amazed at how he just tags along and does everything the big boys do. He sits still when someone is speaking, stands up and dances when we worship, and happily goes to his "class" when it's time to split up.
- He loves going to soccer practice! We recently started taking mommy and me classes at Soccer City and Reid has a blast. He follows directions well and even seems to be pretty talented when it comes to handling the ball. His favorite part is building cone towers and then kicking a soccer ball at them to knock them over. Oh, and of course he loves feeding the balls to the hungry monster (soccer ball bag). :)
- He is all smiles when we're outside. Whether it's a walk, playing on a playground, or just watching Jack's football game, he really enjoys being outside.
- He has started sleeping with a new "lovie." It's a little Muddypaws doggie. I think it's sweet that he's attached to it. He sleeps with that and his blankie and both were gifts from BB.
- He knows his colors! At soccer, they ask the kids about colors sometimes so we worked on it at home for a bit and now he knows all of the primaries. I am impressed with how quick of a learner he is.
- His favorite foods are pizza, pretzels, yogurt, pizza, grapes, cereal bars, pizza, and pizza. He is a good eater but has definitely been exposed to more junk food than the other boys had at his age.
- He is still the best hugger this world has ever known. I can't fully explain this. You just have to get a hug from him to understand. :)

Happy Birthday to my adorably handsome little man!!! We love you!!!


No comments: