As if it were possible, Reid has gotten even sweeter and more fun than he was last month. I am so in love with this little guy! He has the best personality! Seriously, sweet is the best word to describe him. He is busy, smart, silly, destructive, cuddly, and energetic as well but mostly. just. sweet. He is easy going. He loves everyone. He likes to go places and to be with people. The slight clingy stage I mentioned last month passed within a week. He just loves life and he makes our lives better by being here!!
Milestones and Memories:
- Reid still loves baths and swimming! He basically just splashed continuously as hard as possible when he is in either the bath or the pool. If you are holding him in the pool, please wear goggles and a hat. :)
- He is the fastest crawler I have ever seen! Although he can pull up and cruise the furniture and even let go and stand unassisted, he really isn't all that interested in walking yet. In fact, he gets a little annoyed when we "make" him walk holding only one hand. However, that kid can crawl a million miles/hour. I can get a workout these days just following him around!
- He can climb stairs now. This could be dangerous I'm sure but it's actually fun because it means he can play at the playground instead of sit in a stroller. He loves to climb up the stairs (with me trailing him of course) and then we slide down the slide together.
- Swinging is still his number one favorite activity so I try to get to a park at least every day or two! We have a swing in the backyard but we like to get out. :)
- He has added one word to his vocabulary, making his grand total three. The new word? Grandad!! So now he says Dada, Bubba, and Grandad. Seriously, kid? No mama?? Oh well. It seems he's not quite as verbal as the other boys were at this age but we'll keep working on it.
- He knows two signs: more and all done. He loves to sign all done and gets very excited about getting out of his booster chair!
- He is eating lots of table food now. He loves chicken and most vegetables. He does well with most fruits and cheese. He tried blueberries for the first time yesterday and loved them!! He likes whole wheat pasta and bread. He still loves Puffs but we try to save those for a treat these days!
- He weighs 24 pounds and wears a size four diaper and size 12-18 month clothing. He wears a size 3 1/2 shoe, although his feet are a bit fat for them...
- He now has eight teeth which makes his smile even cuter. He loves to smile and laugh most of the day!
- He sleeps well at night, from 7pm until 7 or 7:30am. He naps well in the morning for an hour or two and usually again in the afternoon for an hour or two. However, the afternoon naps have been hit or miss lately. I think we are nearing the transition to one nap but he's not quite there yet. I will be glad for that day!! One longer nap in the middle of the day is really easier on mommy. :)