Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Reid is Three Months!!




My sweet little Reidy is three months old! He has grown so much over the past month and is doing new things every day. I forgot how quickly babies grow up when they are this age!

- Reid continues to be an easy going, sweet little guy. He loves to look at Daddy, Jack, Graham, and me and could smile and coo for hours. 
- He is sleeping through the night and has been since about five weeks of age. He will sometimes go as long as 12 hours straight and we can count on about 8-10 (unless he's sick and horribly congested like the past two nights!) 
- He is still just barely beginning to laugh. It is such a sweet sound!
- He rolled over!! The other day when I went to get him out of bed, he had rolled over. Then he did it again the next time, and the next time. I couldn't believe it! We tried to get him to "show" us while we were playing but so far he is only doing it in bed, possibly in his sleep. 
- He is still a big eater although he goes through spurts where he only wants to drink a tiny bit at a time. I think he is easily distracted and wanting to play and not miss out on anything! 
- He went through a phase where he hated the car and screamed every time we put him in his carseat but that passed about as quickly as it started. Thank goodness!! We drive a LOT between Jack's school, Graham's school, church, BB's, errands, etc. He is back to cooing or sleeping in the car the past few days.
- He started Mother's Day Out today. I almost backed out because he is still so little. I never took the older boys to MDO until they were over a year old so it seems weird. I haven't even left him with my mom for more than a couple of hours! However, he loved it and I loved it. It was nice to have a few hours to myself to clear my head, run some errands, miss my boys, and be ready to love on them again. I'm thankful for wonderful teachers that eased my nerves. (Third time mamas shouldn't have those nerves, should they??!)
- He is huge. Seriously, he is outgrowing the 3-6 month clothes but I can't bring myself to put my three month old in 9 month clothes so he's just wearing them a bit... fitted. :)
- He loves his new exersaucer! I honestly didn't think he would be using it for another month or so but he has such good head control that I let him in there for a few minutes here and there. He loves it and can even reach for all the toys and push the buttons. I'm afraid this kid is going to be walking at 8 months like Graham. And that was a disaster!!

We love our sweet guy so much! Having three kids has been...challenging. I'm not sure if having three is really difficult or having a BABY is really difficult. Or both. Either way, it is certainly tough to balance going out and doing things with the big boys and staying in and meeting Reid's needs. I feel like it's already gotten so much easier though so I'm looking forward to Reid continuing to grow and being able to join in the fun with his brothers! 

No comments: