Friday, August 17, 2012

First Day of School

Jack's first day of school was a huge success! Although he was a bit nervous the previous day, on Thursday he woke up full of excitement and did not seem nervous or scared at all! He ran right into school and was sitting and coloring with his friends cheerfully when we left. I was a bit teary eyed leaving him but was so thankful that he was happy. I wasn't able to pick him up since I had to fly to Colorado for my sweet cousin's memorial service, but I got to hear all about his day when I arrived home around 5pm. He told me that kindergarten was even more fun than pre-k, which is high praise since he LOVED pre-k! He enjoyed playing with his friends, going to P.E., playing outside at recess, doing circle time and centers, singing songs, and learning about God. He could hardly contain his joy and couldn't wait to go back to school the next day. I am so very thankful for our wonderful school and all his teachers and am so glad that he had such a good experience to kick off the school year!







No comments: