Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summer Fun and Pregnancy Update

The boys and I have been having a great summer! And since Randy hasn't been tutoring as much this month, we have been able to spend lots of quality time with him in the evenings as well. I am really loving the family time! I have to admit, when I made the decision not to enroll the boys in any kind of playschool or mother's day out this summer (for the first time), I was a bit terrified that I would go crazy. But honestly it has really been relaxing. The boys are sleeping in every day and it is so nice not to be in a hurry to get out the door with everyone's bags and lunches packed. We have been able to snuggle and eat breakfast leisurely before heading out the door to the gym, park, church library, or a play date. We have been doing some swimming at my parents and have science museum and movie plans coming up. We also have so many family plans in July with reunions, weddings, etc. that I don't see us having any time for boredom! I am so thankful for this time with my two boys before Jack heads to kindergarten and we add a third little one into the mix.

Speaking of baby Biggs #3, I am happy to report that I am finally past the sickness stage! It took 25 weeks but it has finally happened! Of course now, at 26 weeks exactly, I am starting to feel some of the aches and pains that come toward the end so I didn't get much of a honeymoon 2nd trimester. :( Luckily though it is just a little pressure here and there and slight discomfort when sleeping. Overall, I am feeling great and have lots of energy. Baby is moving like crazy and sometimes I can even see him moving. I'm looking forward to hitting the third trimester milestone next week and beginning to really prepare for this kiddo. We haven't don't much in the way of preparation other than moving Jack and Graham's things into the same room, including their new bunk beds! We still have to transition G into the room though as we still have him in the crib in what will be the baby's room. I would also love to have G potty trained before the summer is over. Wish us luck!

Here are some pics of my sweet boys:


And a video of them singing their favorite song:

No comments: