Friday, July 15, 2011

Independence Day

One of my favorite podcast hosts was complaining about a pet peeve of his- the fact that most people call the recent holiday the fourth of July instead of it's actual name, Independence Day. The reason for the celebration is our nation's independence after all. I tend to agree so I'm working on correcting myself. We had a wonderful Independence Day this year! My parents went all out as usual and we had lots of family over for swimming and hamburgers. The boys loved swimming with their cousins, Keaton and Katherine. There were only a few holiday mishaps- a couple of dog throw up issues after he ate a bunch of ice and two bee stings for Kent. Other than that, it was a pleasant day and lots of fun!

Randy and I took Jack to UCO for some fun and fireworks in the evening. He was so excited to stay up late. The show was really good and we all enjoyed it. Jack was asleep in the car before we were out of the parking lot. 11:30 is pretty late for him. He prefers to be asleep by 8!




Can't believe I don't have one picture of Graham from that day!!!

No comments: