Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Pregnancy Update

I am officially down to my last month! Baby Biggs is due one month from yesterday and we are very anxious to meet him or her! This weekend, I sent Jack to Gigi and Papa's house in Tulsa so that Randy and I could have some time to get organized for Christmas and the baby (you know, in case the baby comes early (yeah right), one can only hope!) He, of course, had a blast, and although we missed our little guy, Randy and I did manage to get quite a bit accomplished. I'm feeling very prepared for labor and ready for a new little one. And I CAN'T WAIT to find out the gender!! It's difficult for a planner/Type A personality like myself to not be able to buy everything, decorate the room, etc. But, it will be worth it.

As for the doctor/midwife situation, we officially decided to stay with our current doctor and therefore deliver at Mercy as originally planned. I just wasn't comfortable making a switch this late in pregnancy and I like the idea of Mercy being so much closer to home. Plus, Mercy has lifted its visitor restrictions, so now Jack will be able to come meet his little brother or sister in the hospital!! It was breaking our hearts to think that he wouldn't be able to do that, so we are very excited by this news.

In naming news, I am pleased to announce that our boys names have stayed the same for over a month now (this is big for us...)! So we are positive that our baby, if a boy, will be named either Henry or Graham. We'll probably wait until we see him to pick between the two. As for girls, we've wavered and added some more options. Our new favorite is Sylvia, with the nickname Sylvie. Will it stick and beat out Vivian and Eliza? Guess we'll give it another week or so and reevaluate (again)!

Here is a recent pic- 35 Weeks, 5 Days

No comments: