Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Reid is One and a Half!!

I can't believe how fast time is flying with this little one! He is 18 months old today and this month has been packed with milestones!

Reid's vocabulary has exploded this month! Up until now, he has been pretty quiet but finally he has decided to talk and has added many new words as well as phrases and sentences to his repertoire. A few off of the top of my head: button (LOVES pushing buttons to open automatic doors), muffin, yogurt, apple, dinner, snack, park, play, tall tower, fall down, bath, go bye bye, baby, cross, ipad is broken (one of the first phrases I heard from him), no, no, no, no, no, no, no (he never says no once). :) There are so many more!

Reid's favorite things at this age are playing outside and taking baths. He could play outside in the backyard for hours! He slides, swings, plays at the sand table, shoots baskets into his goal, jumps on the trampoline, kicks the soccer ball, watches me blow bubbles, etc. He likes to come in and out of the house at will. If we go the park, he loves the swings! He also likes climbing and is not afraid to attempt any kind of climbing so I have to watch him extremely closely. This kid has no fear!

Speaking of no fear, I honestly am amazed that this little guy has not broken a bone or had some other major accident yet. I feel like I catch him on the brink of severe disaster many times each day. Jack was super cautious at this age so we didn't go through this with him. Graham was a mess and was into everything but he put THINGS in danger more than he put HIMSELF in danger. Reid puts himself in danger. He climbs on tables, chairs, drawers, toy boxes, ladders, etc., he reaches for knives, he pulls on heavy things, he throws breakable objects, he turns on water, he opens doors, and the list goes on and on. He can carry his step stool around so at any time he can reach things that you didn't realize he could or would reach. He is a danger to himself more than society and it is a full time job protecting him from himself!! Especially since he looks so innocent and even knowing all of these things about him, it still surprises me some of the situations he manages to get himself into! 

Reid loves being chased and tickled! He crawls away from me super fast but then stops on his own to let me "catch him" and he just giggles and giggles. I love those giggles!

He has also become super snuggly at bedtime. He is not typically a snuggle but because he always wants "DOWN!!" to play but at bedtime, after we read a book and have some milk, he just snuggles up and lets me rock and sing to him forever. Such precious moments.

Reid is such a sweet spirit. I can't imagine life without him. 

No comments: