Saturday, March 8, 2014

Darth Redius is 17 Months Old!

My baby is becoming a big boy right before my eyes. He turns 17 months old today! It has been a month of growth for our little guy, whose vocabulary has exploded among other milestones.

Reid continues to be a bit of a shy talker so he doesn't say his new words often on demand but when he feels like it, here are the words/phrases he likes to use: Uh Oh (this one is hands down his favorite. He throws things to the ground just to have an excuse to look at me with those cute eyes and say, UH OH!!), Theresa, Kari, cookie, Elmo, cow, all done, Papo, Mumo, outside (OW SIGH!), fishies (goldfish crackers), help, on, off, open, girl, baby, sock, shoe, and I am sure there are some that I am missing. He understands every word that we say but is ornery and usually chooses not to obey. :)

Reid still loves reading. His current favorite book is the big book of baby words. He LOVES to sit and point at each picture over and over again while we say the words. He repeats most of them and then we go back and "read" it again. He also still enjoys peek a boo books and books that are touch and feel.

Reid loves to go the the church library. He enjoys the ipad and loves the app called, Peekaboo HD. First he hears the animal noise, then he simply taps on the screen and the animal appears. He has learned all of his animal sounds this way and loves feeling big by having this few minutes of "screen time." He also enjoys playing trains (choo choos) and legos. He is surprisingly good at putting legos together, although he prefers to pull them apart! And every once in awhile, he will watch the TV, which sometimes has Wee Sing Bible songs from the early 80's playing. He is fascinated with these videos and I must say they are quite engaging, if only because of the humorous outfits and hairstyles.

Some of Reid's other favorite places include Dynamo Playzone, any playground, the Science Museum, and the Chick fil A play area. He has mastered stairs, ladders, and slides, so let him loose and off he'll go! It is so fun to watch him play. He is all smiles, squeals, and laughter. I think he must have gone up the stairs and down the slides at Bluff Creek 100 times yesterday.

Reid is a great sleeper. He is in bed by 7pm and wakes up at 7:30 am. He naps from around 12-3pm. I love walking into his room to get him because he is always all smiles. He loves to see me and he'll just grin and say, "MMMAMA!" Then he will reach out and as I grab him he wraps his arms around my neck and gives me the biggest, tightest hug you can imagine, complete some "lova pats" as we call them. Melts my heart every time. My little "mama's boy" truly could not be any sweeter. 




No comments: