Friday, January 13, 2012

Brooklyn Elizabeth

The ninth day of January has been an eventful date over the course of my lifetime, in good and bad days. It's my dad's birthday, the day my grandpa went to be with Jesus, and the day another dear family friend went to be with Jesus. Thankfully this year, January ninth was a joyous day!

I had just nodded off to sleep a couple of hours prior when at 1:30am my phone rang. It was my mom letting me know that Adrienne's water had broken and that we were going to head to Oregon to meet my first niece. What a crazy day! I was so excited that I could hardly sleep and probably only got another two hours in before getting up at 4:30 to pack. I woke Jack at 5:20 (couldn't leave that one behind!) and was on the road to the airport by 5:45. Brooklyn's timing couldn't have been better because the company jet was scheduled to head to Oregon that morning anyway! We crashed the flight, stopped in Arizona for a few hours, and then landed in Corvallis around 12:30 pacific time. Luckily Brooklyn waited for us through all of that and even let us have lunch and a nap before really getting serious about entering the world! She was born at 5:33pm and I am just so thankful that I was able to meet her only an hour later. She is perfect! Being an aunt seems like the best gig ever so I'm looking forward to the fun times ahead. Jack was in his typical big brother mode and held Brooklyn like a pro. He is just such a nurturer and will probably look after her from now on!

Daniel and Adrienne seemed so happy and I know that they will be wonderful parents! Congratulations to my awesome brother and his amazing wife! Thanks for bringing Brooklyn into our lives!
























No comments: