Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My 8 Month Old



My little Graham-a-lama is 8 months old today! He is such a mover and a shaker, we are going to have trouble keeping up with him! It's fun for me to see the similarities and differences between my two kiddos. So far, I mainly see differences, such as:

- Jack was extremely colicky from 1-6 or so months of age. Graham is the most laid back, happy baby I've ever seen.
- Jack was a fabulous eater and still is. He would live on broccoli alone if we let him! Graham on the other hand doesn't seem too interested in most foods. He likes yogurt, strawberries, pears, crackers, toast, and Gerber puffs. He tolerates green beans, peas, sweet potatoes, and apples. We have to pretty much force feed him anything else!
- Jack was always a careful baby and toddler. We never really baby proofed our house, other than covering outlets and removing extremely breakable objects from reach. If I redirected him from something, he didn't really try to get it again. Graham is into everything! I can't turn around without realizing another would be death trap in my house that I need to baby proof. He is a climber and I fear he'll be climbing out of the crib long before I'm ready to move him to a bed!
- Jack let go of furniture and stood on his own for the first time around 10 months old. Graham did it at barely 7!
- Jack had two teeth when he turned 8 months old. Graham has 7!
- Jack was saying more words at this age than Graham is.

It is so interesting to watch them grow and to see how they are different. Jack seems to be my thinker. He has amazing language skills, an exceptional memory, and is very imaginative. He loves books and music. He has always been a cuddler! Graham is more physical. I can barely hold on to him long enough to get a hug. He just wants to be on the ground working on his next trick. He loves rolling the ball, practicing walking, and exploring every inch of every room. One thing they both are is sweet. I am so in love with them!!

Graham's milestones this month:
- He is saying four words: mama, dada, bubba, and bye-bye. He just said bye-bye for the first time today, to Paul and Judy in the book Pat the Bunny! It was precious.
- He is trying to stand up from the ground up and is getting close. He is letting go of the furniture and standing with no hands. He attempts to take a step but falls down right away.
- He began clapping and will start doing it when we say pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake!
- He is waving bye-bye

We can't get enough of him!

No comments: