Thursday, December 21, 2006

Beginning the 33rd Week

I am now around seven- eight weeks away from my due date, and even less from the birth if little Jack continues to grow at the rate he has been. I can't believe it is getting so close!

I went to the dr. yesterday and everything continues to look perfect. We are just so blessed to have such a healthy pregnancy- I keep praying that Jack will be as healthy as he seems to be. He is moving like crazy now and as of a couple of weeks ago has already settled into the "head down" position and is ready for birth. So we don't have to worry about him being breech.

We have scheduled a 3D Ultrasound for January 9 (also my dad's birthday!) to reevaluate his size, so we will get to take a closer look at him and see if he really looks like his daddy- Randy is just positive that Jack is going to look exactly like him- we'll see... Check back for those pictures!

We have also recently finished our childbirth class, visited with several pediatricians (we're still trying to decide who to go with but we have some great options and several within 2 miles of our house!), and preregistered at the hospital. We spent some time decorating the nursery and finally purchased some basics- diapers, wipes, baby soap and shampoo, etc.- in case our guy decides to come early.

I am still feeling really good- ever since I got over the morning sickness in the first trimester, my pregnancy has been really phenomenal. I am getting tired a bit more easily, though. And after working out, I have contractions that last for about 10 minutes. But then they go away and my doctor said that they are perfectly normal and fine- she's just happy that I'm still working out!

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone and check back for the U/S pictures in January!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Randy and Kristin,

Hey!!! This is Jamie...Tara's Mom... I can't tell you how excited I was when Tara called with the news of the baby. He is absolutely adorable. :) I'm so glad I got to see the pictures. I live in Las Cruces, New Mexico now, but you and all the other "kids" from when my girls were growing up are always in my thoughts. You especially were just like my own daughter. As your Mom will come to find out, being a Grandma is just about the best thing in the world... Truman has made my life so much happier, and even though we are out here right now, I can't wait until I can see him again. Tara keeps me supplied with pictures, which helps. Hope all in your family are doing well. Be sure to tell your Mom hello for me. Drop me a note sometime. JBartley06@yahoo.com.
Take care and I look forward to more pictures!!!!
Love to all, Jamie :)